I'm grateful for people who create this easy to follow declutter calendars! I am working on this one right now!
But what about the mess that our brains get into sometimes? How do we declutter our mental space? While a good place to start is by decluttering our environment, here are 5 tips to clean up the clutter that can sometimes build up in our minds.
1. Make decisions (more on this one below).
2. Write down thoughts on paper, or talk them through with another person.
3. Limit media consumption, as interesting as it all is.
4. Let go of unnecessary or unhelpful thoughts.
5. Take breaks, take a walk in nature, and/or take the amount of time it takes to unwind.
Not everyone struggles with decision making, but if you do, here is a practical way to get you from the start to the end of the process. But before I give you that tool, here are 3 things to remember about making decisions:
1. They do not need to be perfect decisions.
2. You need to be independent in your decision making process.
3. You need to give credit to your intuition and learn to trust it.
Ok, now here is that tool. It's very simple - 3 steps:
-Write down the decisions you are needing to make.
-Pick one that you have been putting off.
-Start a timer for 3 minutes and make the decision.
"Making the decision - any decision - will reduce your anxiety and let you move forward. The best antidote to feeling overwhelmed is forward momentum." - Peter Bregman
#declutter #decisions #mentalspace #minimalism #anxiety#overwhelmed #scatterbrain #busybrain #insomnia #mentalhealth#TuesdayMorningTidbit