We have enough pollution that our lungs need to deal with on a daily basis without adding the extra particulates currently in the air. Some are feeling it more than others and some are exposed to it more than others. But we are all going to need our lungs cleaned out by the end of this season. Here are a few ways we can do that:
1. Taking lung tonic and relaxing expectorant herbs such as inula helenium, tussilago farfara, verbascum thapsus, grindelia camporum, asclepias tuberosa, plantago spp etc.
2. Make a steam inhalation from fresh herbs of thyme, rosemary, oregano, black pepper - 1tbsp herbs per 1/2 liter boiling water. Drape towel over head and inhale vapors for 5-10mins.
3. Do the same thing but use essential oils of bergamot, lavender, chamomile, peppermint, or eucalyptus - 3-5 drops per bowl boiling water, keep eyes closed. Or massage oil into chest, neck, or back with a carrier oil and cover with a clean dry cloth to ensure absorption.
4. Drink fresh pineapple, ginger, turmeric juice to break up and help expel mucous and decrease inflammation.
5. Eat whole anti-inflammatory foods and plenty of antioxidant rich spices.
6. Exercise to get things moving and clearing from your lungs.
All of these ideas will help strengthen lung tissue, decrease inflammatory damage and clear out debrie.
As always, ask your Naturopathic Doctor for a prescription that is right for you.
#thankyoufirefighters #smokey #smog #smokeyseason #forestfire#wildfire #lungcleanser #lungdetox #lungsupport #cough #asthma#troublebreathing #deepbreath #britishcolumbia