How to prepare for your first appointment:
- Submit your online intake form and Covid-19 Screening Form prior to your visit.
- Submit any recent lab work or special testing reports you have had done.
- Bring a photo of the condition you are concerned about, if applicable (such as a skin rash, for example)
- Optional: record a one-week diary of the concern you have, if applicable.
What to expect on your first appointment:
- Your first office visit will approximately 60 minutes and will include a detailed assessment of your health concern and health history as well as a physical health check up. Sometimes a specialized test may be suggested to gather additional information. The goal of assembling this information together is to locate the true source or root of the concern. Treatment may seem more integrated and sometimes slower than modern medicine, but this is because the treatments are directed towards resolution of symptoms rather than suppression. While we work together towards this goal, follow up visits are utilized to support progress and adjust care as needed.
Extended Medical Coverage:
- While naturopathic medical services are not currently covered by BC Medical Services Plan (MSP), many extended medical plans will provide coverage for office visits and laboratory service fees. Check with your insurance provided for your eligibility. Then, keep your receipts to submit to your provider following your visit.