A Naturopathic Doctor!
"What is that?"
A Naturopathic Doctor is...
a government recognized primary health care practitioner with specialized training in natural therapies.
A licensed, board certified Naturopathic Doctor has completed a pre-med undergrad, an intensive 4 year program at an accredited naturopathic medical school, and has met all the standardized board exams and provincial regulatory requirements.
A Naturopathic Doctor may provide:
- in house laboratory testing or send for specialized testing outside the clinic
- physical exams including pap tests and male exams
- IV therapy and intramuscular injections
- various forms of physical medicine including manipulations, massage, or hydrotherapy
- acupuncture, cupping, and Chinese medicine
- botanical medicine including customized tinctures, teas, salves, oils, compresses, supplements, etc.
- counselling and lifestyle coaching
- homeopathic medicine
- and nutritional or orthomolecular medicine.
In addition, some naturopathic doctors may prescribe pharmaceuticals or hold certifications in various other therapies.
Naturopathic Medicine incorporates a holistic and individualistic approach to health care, searching to treat the person, not the disease, and attending to the root cause of the ailment.
For 5 more Fact Checkers about Naturopathic Medicine, visit www.drkatherinemasters.com/faq.html
or if you have further questions, just ask! :)