1. Drink more water. Our bodies can confuse thirst signals for hunger. Before you grab some food, make sure you've been keeping well hydrated.
2. Don't be fooled that exercise is the key to weight loss. While it is important, what you eat is even more so.
3. Make sure you are eating enough healthy fat and protein. These help to curb cravings and satisfy our appetite throughout the day.
4. Keep junk food out of the house. We all know that if it is there, we will eat it. Why tempt yourself?
5. Avoid anything that is refined, including any type of refined grain or sugar. You will be surprised how many foods this cuts out and it will force variety, creativity, and whole food eating.
6. Be cognizant while you eat. This means to first, sit, relax and enjoy your food, and second, not to eat for boredom, tiredness, or emotions sake. And on that note, make sure to get enough sleep!
7. Don't be too hard on yourself. If healthy weight maintenance seems to be an elusive subject to you, there could be some other things going on that require more than lifestyle changes. For example, some areas that could be explored include thyroid, adrenal, hormones, the digestive tract, allergies, mental health, and blood sugar.